Bankers Life and Casualty Company - Interview Scam
I was contacted by Bankers after they "picked up my resume on CareerBuilder" to be invited for an interview. Nothing wrong with that, however here are the warning signs:
1. The person contacting me sounded like she was reading from a script. She was unable to give me meaningful background for the position.
2. Initially I agreed to the interview however I asked for the following: (1) a position description of what they were looking for and (2) background about the company itself to be sent to me via e-mail. Neither ever arrived.
3. I was supposed to be contacted back the day prior to the "interview" to confirm. When I did not receive a call, I called them back. The same person who called me the first time answered and gave me the same sale pitch (almost verbatim) as during the initial contact. She seemed bothered by my questions and clearly wanted to get off the phone as quickly as possible. When I said that I never got the e-mail with the information I promised, she asked me to "check my spam filter"... A warning in and of itself.
4. The person I spoke to reminded me to "dress professionally" (really? For an interview??) and to "bring my resume"
All in all, the above is a scam. When a company seeks you out based on your credentials and the resume you post, they don't ask you to "...dress professionally and bring your resume...". They either seek you out, have an opportunity and want you for that position or they don't. In this case, they are blanketing job sites and cold-calling job seekers. I don't know how it is to work for them, however based on the large number of complaints, this can't be a good place to work at. - If you are not convinced by my logic, here some guidelines in general:
- NEVER pay for your training. If a company asks you to pay to get trained then RUN!
- NEVER trust a company who asks you to bring your resume to an "interview". Your resume is supposedly how they found you in the first place so they will have it.
- NEVER trust a company who, after an initial contact, does not follow up with serious materials as to what they would want you to do including a detailed description of the job(s) they are trying to fill.
- NEVER trust a company that gives you a salary range of "80k to 200k" (as was the case here) for a position that does supposedly not involve sales.
I will not be going to my interview. To all those who choose to go: the best of luck and I hope they don't wast too much of your time.105d0896 review #192456
You may also like
- "Ordered a new, unused, not refurbished humidifier. Received product in absolutely filthy condition. I'm talking dirty brown paper towel inside unit, hard water stains all over tank, just disgusting condition...."
- "Kaiser is good .....until you have an issue. ESPECIALLY if you happen to need short-term or long term disability. DO NOT....I REPEAT DO NOT use them if you..."
- "Icium.fi DANGER Ice sculptures Levi Finland SCAM AVOID FutuVision LtdIce Sculpture Fell And Broke Man's ArmWe just wanted to alert people to the DANGER at the Icium.fi Ice sculptures in..."
- "I just want to say that my two thousand and five Chrysler Jimmy Chrysler 300 C I have had one problem out of the car since I purchased it and..."
- "I paid for same day... It was guaranteed to be delivered before noon... Was delivered (confirmation from recipient, not your company... 4 hours late of the time that was guaranteed...."
- "I used to love love love Pepsi.....but over the last couple years I have noticed that it isn't what it used to be! It gets FLAT entirely to fast where..."
- "Just visit www.edisonnationisascam.com Also see http://youtu.be/Z4KQQH3aK0QThey defrauded me several times. I took them seriously only because they had a TV program that airs on PBS. They declared me an "Everyday..."
- "We ordered a new living room set manufactured by Design 2 Recline (AKA) Southern Motion on January 20, 2014. Defective and/or damaged furniture was delivered on April 7, 2014...."
- "I went to the Cherry Hill Kia dealership to purchase a second vehicle. They didn't have what I wanted so I went home. The next day I got a call..."