Bankers Life and Casualty Company - Interview Scam
I was contacted by Bankers after they "picked up my resume on CareerBuilder" to be invited for an interview. Nothing wrong with that, however here are the warning signs:
1. The person contacting me sounded like she was reading from a script. She was unable to give me meaningful background for the position.
2. Initially I agreed to the interview however I asked for the following: (1) a position description of what they were looking for and (2) background about the company itself to be sent to me via e-mail. Neither ever arrived.
3. I was supposed to be contacted back the day prior to the "interview" to confirm. When I did not receive a call, I called them back. The same person who called me the first time answered and gave me the same sale pitch (almost verbatim) as during the initial contact. She seemed bothered by my questions and clearly wanted to get off the phone as quickly as possible. When I said that I never got the e-mail with the information I promised, she asked me to "check my spam filter"... A warning in and of itself.
4. The person I spoke to reminded me to "dress professionally" (really? For an interview??) and to "bring my resume"
All in all, the above is a scam. When a company seeks you out based on your credentials and the resume you post, they don't ask you to "...dress professionally and bring your resume...". They either seek you out, have an opportunity and want you for that position or they don't. In this case, they are blanketing job sites and cold-calling job seekers. I don't know how it is to work for them, however based on the large number of complaints, this can't be a good place to work at. - If you are not convinced by my logic, here some guidelines in general:
- NEVER pay for your training. If a company asks you to pay to get trained then RUN!
- NEVER trust a company who asks you to bring your resume to an "interview". Your resume is supposedly how they found you in the first place so they will have it.
- NEVER trust a company who, after an initial contact, does not follow up with serious materials as to what they would want you to do including a detailed description of the job(s) they are trying to fill.
- NEVER trust a company that gives you a salary range of "80k to 200k" (as was the case here) for a position that does supposedly not involve sales.
I will not be going to my interview. To all those who choose to go: the best of luck and I hope they don't wast too much of your time.review #192456
You may also like
- "There web site has no insulin pump providers listed as in network. So I call the customer service line and ask them what insulin pump suppliers are in net work..."
- "Got a call for an interview and did my research. Just do a Google search for Bankers Life and Casualty, then click each link, starting at #5 and work down...."
- "A fall face first onto concrete resulted in smashed nose, deeply lacerated face, concussion, brain bruise. Secure Horizons would not allow me to go out-of-network quote “when there are qualified..."
- "Ordered 250cc dune buggy/go kart from olson power sports with mythical warrantee. First off the buggy I ordered after hours and hours of research was suddenly out of stock after..."
- "Order a chandelier from myhabit.com, the product arrived with broken bobeches (see attached image) because of poor packaging. Contacted myhabit.com and they promised to contact the manufacture for replacement part...."
- "Clarence 'Chyl' Durden, a closeted ***, has stolen thousands of dollars of video and recording equipment that he uses in his unlicensed studio out of his Newark, New Jersey..."
- " Between 2009 and 2011 we bought several pieces of furniture from the Willow Wood RTG in Northwest Houston totaling about $6000.00 dlls. Among those was a dining room set that included..."
- "A relative of mine sent her priceless and irreplaceable antique China to my husband and me. The boxes that came in were banged up pretty bad. When we opened it,..."
- "I spent $250 on a blond wig with minimal roots (Reese Witherspoon picture). I received the wig and there is 4 inches of black roots. I contacted the company and..."