Bankers Life And Casualty Company - Bankers Life and Casualty - Inside Edition 2004 on Bankers Life and Casualty
Got a call for an interview and did my research. Just do a Google search for Bankers Life and Casualty, then click each link, starting at #5 and work down. This company says it was established in 1879, but DOESN't tell you that it's CHANGED HANDS/owners at least 4-5 times since then!
Their Complaint ratio, compared to one of their 'competitors' is outrageous - I quote:
"The company has faced several lawsuits in which they were accused of denying claims to seniors and both Conseco and Bankers have been noted as having a particularly high amount of complaints among long-term care clients: in 2005, Conseco had one complaint for every 383 such policyholders, whereas, according to 2005 statistics, Genworth Financial, the largest long-term-care insurer received one complaint for every 12,434 policies." (from: Duhigg, Charles (2009-03-26). "Aged, Frail and Denied Care by Their Insurers". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-09-22.)
Then go to YouTube and search 'Bankers Life and Casualty' - and look for the 'Inside Edition' version. The video was posted in 2004, but the COMMENTS are RECENT. This company was investigated, and found to be quite heartless toward the elderly, as well as using inappropriate practices for 'interviews' and training.
Their main website is Bankers.com. Company is based in Chicago, but 'address is approximate' in Google maps? Shows an intersection with a lot of tall buildings around.
BEWARE of this company - whether for interviews/employment, OR investments!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I was targeted I feel by scammers. Feel I was manipulated into a situation. Shortly after severing half a finger off. Had to use force to defend myself..."
- "There are many great places to work in the insurance industry but Bankers Life isn't one of them! If you have a soul, compassion and the desire to provide value..."
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "In 2008 my dear kitten, peaches, of 7 months was shot (most likely by a neighbor) while we were at church one Sunday afternoon in November . ..."
- "I ordered a text book from them. A math book that was supposed to come with an online access code (you pay extra for that). They took a..."
- "I bought a Milwaukee M12 lantern and it was scratched up. I returned it for an exchange and got back the same lantern with the package stapled back together. This..."
- "I have had many issues!! 1. They have my insurance for my vehicles jacked up!! The lady who contacted me to resolve it gave me a NON WORKING email to..."
- "Ordered 16 pink rosebuds for niece's 16th birthday. What arrived was 8 pink and 8 white fully bloomed out roses. They requested pictures which I sent them 3..."
- "After learning the hard way that my kindergarten son's school has never been able to reach me via telephone, Only a recorded msg that the call can not be completed..."