Bankers Life And Casualty Company - Bankers Life and Casualty - Inside Edition 2004 on Bankers Life and Casualty
Got a call for an interview and did my research. Just do a Google search for Bankers Life and Casualty, then click each link, starting at #5 and work down. This company says it was established in 1879, but DOESN't tell you that it's CHANGED HANDS/owners at least 4-5 times since then!
Their Complaint ratio, compared to one of their 'competitors' is outrageous - I quote:
"The company has faced several lawsuits in which they were accused of denying claims to seniors and both Conseco and Bankers have been noted as having a particularly high amount of complaints among long-term care clients: in 2005, Conseco had one complaint for every 383 such policyholders, whereas, according to 2005 statistics, Genworth Financial, the largest long-term-care insurer received one complaint for every 12,434 policies." (from: Duhigg, Charles (2009-03-26). "Aged, Frail and Denied Care by Their Insurers". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-09-22.)
Then go to YouTube and search 'Bankers Life and Casualty' - and look for the 'Inside Edition' version. The video was posted in 2004, but the COMMENTS are RECENT. This company was investigated, and found to be quite heartless toward the elderly, as well as using inappropriate practices for 'interviews' and training.
Their main website is Bankers.com. Company is based in Chicago, but 'address is approximate' in Google maps? Shows an intersection with a lot of tall buildings around.
BEWARE of this company - whether for interviews/employment, OR investments!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "When i filed my claim with the state farm agent, i explained the situation i was having on my property. At the time i contact the agent we were having water..."
- "I HAD GEICO FOR 4/5 YEARS, 250 A MONTH, FIRST FEW YEARS NOTHING, THEN, YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY "BAD THINGS COME IN 3's, AND IT DID..#1-I HAD A FENDER..."
- "I recently found out that one of Statefarm's so -called agents is having inappropriate discussions, texts with my husband. When I found this out I immediately go to the office..."
- "I have tried three times to book a car through Costco car rental online reservations. Each time, I choose the car, go through the booking process, and check all the..."
- "I wanted black stemmed wine glasses to match some I have. The product I got looked CHEAP (though they were $10/glass), and the stem was a smoky grey transparent..."
- "Delivered TWO TV's damaged, their delivery people tried to hide the damage the first time, It took longer than it needed to receive the 2nd TV, when I did, it..."
- "I searched the web for best price on 32oz Minwax Spar Urethane. Found it advertised as sold by and shipped by Supply The Home. There was a price of less..."
- "Don't be fulled by O2pure TV commercial. They are a scam! Nothing is free obviously but they really try to pull a fast one on you. DO NEVER give your..."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."