Bankers Life And Casualty Company - Do not work for Bankers Life & Casualty!!!

142 of 407 Bankers Life And Casualty Company reviews

One big pyramid scheme.Say they find your resume online.

Tell you that you are what they are looking for. Get you in to one of their big group interviews; it's really a group seminar to sucker you all in. See who they can sell and convince to accept the job. Go through the state test, etc.

Keep going to their BS weekly meetings. Try to seduce you in to their money making agents (it's usually their best friends or managers putting up the numbers), those that are receiving the "real" and "good" leads behind closed doors. I was led to believe there are only one type of leads (recycled for years and same leads they give to all local branches), but in reality there are 6 or 7+ different type of leads. I found out when I accidentally read one of the managers emails (she logged in and forgot to log off), where one sales agent was asking for all these types of leads.

Now do you call this fair and ethical? I don't think so. I saw so many people come and go in the few months I was at this BS of a company. Their VP, Bill Klein, he got to where he is today because of the hundreds and thousands of people he's scammed in his tenure with Bankers Life and all the Managers and Regionals that work for him.

One big scamming party. Remember BS scams like 2By2.net? Or World Securities? All big frauds and scammers.

Get you in to their who-ra seminars, post up all the eye candy million dollar figures and top sales people, and then sucker you all in, one by one. When you have made no money and forced to resign, they already made money from you and everyone you convinced to sign up.

That's how Bankers Life and all of their partners, associates and affiliates work.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 11 Yes 11
142 of 407 Bankers Life And Casualty Company reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 26, 2016 #1190183

I just scheduled an interview with this company and something a little fishy right off the bat.
I was contacted because I posted my resume on Indeed.com, and they requested a physical copy of my resume. They just saw it on Indeed, so why do they need a physical copy? Do they not have printers?
Seems like a small detail, but it was enough to prompt an investigation into what their image as a business is.
Glad I did. I've already suffered one pyramid scheme, I refuse to waste time on another.
Any job that offers commissions is fine, but if your income is 100% based on commissions odds are it is a scam and/or not worth your time or investments. Job security is a huge issue these days, as well as being paid enough to avoid poverty, and Banker's Life appears to not offer either. Not reliably, at the very least.

Sep 12, 2016 #1211723

This exact same thing just happend to me and i thought the exact same thing.

0 0 Reply

Mar 27, 2016 #1135019

I have an interview with them tomorrow. Totally going just to yell about how *** they are.

New agent

Sep 17, 2014 #871515 Michigan, United States

Being an insurance agent is the same as being a realtor. One sells insurance; the other sells homes. Both require you to be a go-getter and reward you based on your personal performance. Both require expenses and training to get into the field. People spend thousands of dollars in tuition for college, but can't fathom spending a few hundred to get an insurance license?
Being an agent is not for everyone, and just because you refuse the job doesn't mean you are destined to flip burgers the rest of your life. Some people like having the freedom to hit financial goals and have an income without a cap. You have to be somewhat of an entrepreneur to become an agent. Again - it's not for everyone.
But to say the company is a scam is false. It's just not your typical job. They pay for production. Why is that so hard to grasp? For people who are great at sales, it's an excellent opportunity. For everyone else, they're probably better off working by the hour for a paycheck. Nothing wrong with that.

3 5 Reply

Sep 17, 2014 #871547

Or with a salary, full benefits, paid sick days medical, dental, a work/life balance, etc. Yep, I'll take that and you can keep your insurance sales commission job.

ashmat22

Aug 31, 2014 #863706 Jacksonville, Florida, United States

It sounds to me like some people just cannot except the challenges of have a real job. With that being said the company has been in business for 135 years. I guess there is a reason for that. They are part of the CNO financial group, ranked 50 in the Forbes 500 report as the best and safest financial companies in the United States. I guess the world needs burger flippers and ditch diggers too, so that's where these other two people should seek employment. Good luck in you fast food careers. I love this company and they have become part of my family.

2 8 Reply
MisterHelpful

Aug 31, 2014 #863711

LMAO! It never fails. If someone rejects a loser sales job, the crackpot defending BL will say something snarky about them flipping burgers. I have said this before and will say it again: just because YOU have made bad choices in life and your only options are either a crummy commission sales job or fastfood, that is YOUR reality, not anyone else's! Other people have a real education with real careers and don't have to face the gut-wrenching decision of whether to work crummy sales or flip burgers. I know that is hard to hear Mr. ashmat22, but it's true. And you know it. Good luck with your rotten sales job and my advice: until you can better yourself, you probably will earn more money with the fastfood gig.

9 0 Reply

Feb 05, 2014 #782385

Where to begin? Have a heartbeat and two legs, you can work here! Folks, word to the wise, ANYTIME a "job interview" involves more than one other person besides yourself or takes place at a hotel or is worded as an "informational meeting" or "career briefing", run like ***! It's not about you, your merits, or anything special about you, it's about The Law of Large Numbers and they think if they throw enough frogs against the wall a few will stick! You've got to wonder why a few people in your training after you've been manipulated into "working" there (really, as one friend put it, it's just another form of volunteering!) have thick accents like they barely even speak English (how in the *** are they supposed to understand all the insurance legalese, then???) or are young adults whose only other job was mall retail, then something shady is up!

4 0 Reply

Dec 28, 2013 #764812

@Gerardo81. I'm sorry to hear that you had the same awful experience. These guys at Bankers are low life bastards and the whole company should be shut down. I hope the Department of Insurance would investigate how unethical they are and also how they treat employees. I'm sorry to hear once again, but thank you for writing on my post here and validating what I've been saying all along.

Gerardo81

Dec 27, 2013 #764746

Do not work for this company!!! I can't say enough terrible things! I read all the reviews saying it was a scam but I let the manager/interviewer convince me those were all haters who had failed or couldn't do it. I am a hard worker and believed I could make a lot of money.. knowing that it would take a year or two to build up my business. I gave it over a year because I just kept believing the hype but I would take it all back if I could…

You are expected to show up at 8:30 and stay until 6:30/7 pm.. because after 5 is when everyone is home and how you make appointments. BTW you are expected to make 500 calls a week and if you don't you are publicly chastised. You are also expected to go on every appointment possible and spend your gas money… even if the appointments are 1-2 hours away from each other

You are pressured to make every sale possible… they only care about numbers. Not the customers you are selling to. I was a top performer and won every recognition possible.. I couldn't make enough to pay bills. The top top sales agents use the shadiest techniques imaginable.. I was embarrassed to be with them. They were ruining people's lives.. to make a dollar… and I was pressured to do the same!

Here's part they don't tell you about during the interview… you are expected to pay back any commission made on any policy that is cancelled after you leave. So those bad sales that you knew you shouldn't make but your manager pressured you to
... Show more

6 0 Reply

Aug 31, 2014 #863714

What do they do to recoup their money if the salesperson has passed away?

Dec 17, 2013 #759972

@Brie, they are an extremely shady company. Glad to hear you are not going to waste time with these idiots.

Brie

Dec 17, 2013 #759877 Jackson, Tennessee, United States

Just received a call saying they found my resume on monster.com! I was skeptical because I know most insurance agencies are part commission based. When I asked she sounded hesitant in telling me the average salary and said I would learn more at the interview. Glad I did my research as always, I will NOT be WASTING my time on them. :(

6 0 Reply

Sep 17, 2014 #871561

The telemarketers that call you, trying to get you to go to an "interview" (it is actually just a sales presentation with a room full of others) are paid according to how many people they can get to show up. Therefore, they are hesitant to give any information as they afraid you won't show.

Nov 19, 2013 #744557

@richard, glad to be of help. Please pass the message so others won't be lured in.

Richard

Nov 19, 2013 #744552

Just received a call from this company. Set up a meeting and then did my research. Thank you to all whom posted on this page.

Nov 17, 2013 #743771

@npi80, one should never waste their precious time with this sorry company.

npi80

Nov 17, 2013 #743764

So I just accepted a position with this company, however I have not tested or started training yet. It would appear I need to cut my ties now before going any further.

Nov 15, 2013 #743106 Rosemead, California, United States

@Lonesome George, thanks for sharing your real world working experience with them. I hope others don't waste anytime with this company both from a career standpoint and as a customer.

4 0 Reply

1-20 of 53 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.