1.1K views

I worked for Bankers Life and Casualty for 3 months as a brand new agent.I was happy with the company atmosphere while I worked there, however did not receive the help and guidance I needed to become successful as a new agent, which is why I left.

The problems started even more after I left. They tell you to keep track of your mileage in an appointment book they give you. Upon leaving the company you have to give that appointment book to them because it contains customer information. Long story short, they destroyed my mileage records, which was thousands of miles logged for them, which I now cannot get reimbursed for on my taxes because they destroyed the record.

When contacting the office to get this information, I called the Branch Office Administrator, and emailed an old manager of mine. That was over a month ago. I have yet to hear back from either of them. They also did not give me a W2 Form for taxes as well.

And good luck trying to get in contact with someone from the corporate office!Terrible company to work for and to deal with once you're not there any longer.

Had an Experience with Bankers Life And Casualty Company?

Comments

Louisville, Kentucky, United States #668666

Let me correct the previous post to - 'Also notice they DON'T tell you who the chargeback is for'.

Louisville, Kentucky, United States #668663

Yep, Keatyg, that's the way it goes.The 'turning' in of your own appointment book was not a good idea.

They gave it to some sub-manager/wanabe and he's now rewriting your business, and using your contact list, and probably your milage record. You will continue to receive chargebacks, unfortunately until you have paid back any advances. They may not rewrite your Mom, but they might.

The idea is to make sure you 'give up' the insurance business, consider it 'bad business' to be in.

Vesting fully takes 10 years at Bankers. 100% vesting is day one as an independent producer. You can do well in insurance, and never needed their lame/ reused/ aggravated prospect lead list that cost you at least $150 a month. For that money, you could get leads from other sources and write with real A rated companies.

Bankers is rated D by Wiess ratings, for a good reason.

Best Wishes to you.

( Also notice they tell you who the chargeback is for.) Dispute it with the FTC, and at all credit reporting agencies, including Vector.com.

Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States #633029

Update: I have now even recieved a letter from them claiming I owe them over $400.Even 6 months after quitting they're still ruining something for me.

I feel like I will never escape this company.Avoid at all costs.

Did you ever bother asking for help or did you assume everyone was going to run at you begging to help you? Also considering they have one of the best training programs in the nation I find it hard to believe you couldn't help yourself too.

Upon leaving why wouldn't you write those mileage down on another piece of paper? Or at least keep it on a excel sheet on your computer? You essentially left all your eggs in one basket. Much like investing, you never leave all your eggs in one basket. That's how you get screwed.

Finally, you won't get W2 from them. You would get 1099-Misc. W2 forms are typically are for salary jobs. Which you did not have, nor did you sell any policies so you made $0.00. Are you trying to pay taxes on nothing?

Obviously, you should be putting cereal boxes up on shelves.

to Bankers Life Defender Lindale, Texas, United States #1108279

Their training is not up to the par of what they advertise.I transferred to them after i left the military and their training did not compare.

Greatest decision i made was to leave Bankers. I wouldn't recommend the company to anyone.

I also was forced to pay back funds that I was entitled to.I was never paid for insurance policies I sold.

My son worked here for 2 months. He took training classes that I had to pay for. They said they would reimburse him but they did not.

He paid for the state license and they promised to reimburse him. They did not.

He sold a number of policies and finally payday rolled around. They paid him zero - his mentors got all of the commision money.

So, in two months he spent hundreds in gas money getting to and from work, hundreds on training and licensure, and then his superiors claimed all of his commission money and his compensation was diddly - no commissions, no health insurance or other benefits, nothing.

to Anonymous Pratt, Kansas, United States #620264

I have been working for bankers since February and I have been paid very well, my trainer and I have split all commissions 50% / 50%. So I'm not sure where your son actually worked.

Jessie_89
to Anonymous Nashville, Tennessee, United States #625166

I too work for Banker's Life & Casualty. I've been there a couple of months and have never had an issue getting paid. Also, my training was paid for but I was responsible for paying licensing fees and was never told I would be reimbursed.