State: Indiana City: Indianapolis Clear all filters (8 of 458 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I was called by a gal who said they saw my resume on Monster.com. I agreed to an interview the next day. She also told me to wear business attire (I thought that that is what was understood really who would wear jeans to a job interview) and bring my resume (that they...
Jessie_89

I too work for Banker's Life & Casualty. I assure you this is not a scam.

They are an insurance company who has been in business longer than the lightbulb has been around. As far as the job goes, obviously you have never been an independent contractor or have any idea how that works. They make it very clear it is a COMMISSION only job....unless you move up to management. With that being said, to sell insurance, you have to be LICENSED to do that.

This obviously costs money and you can get the information for that directly from your states department of insurance website. I am so sick and tired of people giving our company a bad name because they're not intelligent enough to figure these things out. Doing this job takes a lot of hard work and effort with no guarantee of success. I'm almost out of my SNA and look forward to improving at what I do.

As for the guy who commented below me, you always have the option of going out on your own so you get all of the commission. I've been doing that since my second week here and have sold 6 policies on my own.

Service
Bankers Life And Casualty Company Life Insurance
Loss
Bankers Casualty and Life called me for an interview, I took time off from my current job today and drove up and down the street where I was supposed to have an interview with Joseph Brown suite 275 at 3:30. I came home and looked up the address. It shows on the map...

I dont believe I got fooled by this company

Review
I had putted my resum on monster. I got call from lady who told me I was special. I knew I was specail, i wonder how she knew. I went to this suppose interview. Man in a nice suit tell me all about how rich I'm gonna be. I liek rich. He was a lyer. I have...

I went to the first interview,but I have already been run through the ringer with another insurance company and after being screwed and more in debt the I was I think I'm going to pass on this company as well.

Review
First off, I am sorry for everyone who has problems, but you need to know every branch runs differently. The branch I work for, does call many many people everyday, but we do not charge for training, the only charge is classes, and the inevitable state of michigan...

I was just contacted by this company for an interview and was suspicious; I've been around a few years. This posted information has confirmed my concerns and saved me some valuable time.

I will write them and cancel the interview right away. Thanks.

Review

Bankers Life And Casualty Company in Indianapolis, Indiana - Bankers Life & Casualty is a Great Opportunity

I have worked with Bankers Life for over 10 yrs. Over my 10 yr career I have experienced personal, professional and financial growth. The company provided great training and allowed me to apply my work ethic and values into a great career. Every job has its challenges and every company has bad apples. It is sad to see that when people fail they are quick to blame someone else. This career is not right for everyone, but if you are a hard worker and want an opportunity for a great career you should talk to your local office branch manager.
#195479

bankers is being investigated by the federal government. bankers ceo's are quitting.

bankers has merged with colonial penn so seniors beware. stay away from bankers and colonial penn.

james you are a elderly predator and when you hit the heat of *** you will know what kind of greedy *** you were on earth.

#195196

Pyramid scam. What a complete ignorant *** posting that.

I've been an agent with Bankers for 6 years. I've grown my business ten fold over the years.

You don't grow in your own community by "scaming seniors". These blogs tend to be a hang out of those who've failed in the industry.

Bankers is nothing but a pyramid scam. The person who is writting above is just trying to get you on the bottom of the rung ladder to climb his scamming *** up. There is no opportunity in this company unles you are a heartless SOB and are willing to scam the elderly for a pay check!

View more comments (2)
Review
#196642 Review #196642 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Bankers Life And Casualty Company in Indianapolis, Indiana - I love Bankers and my Agent. Had them for years.

We've had Bankers for forever and we love our agent. They are the upmost in honesty and integrity. It's just sad they had one bad office. I bet you 99% of them are great! I love bankers. We've had other companies that we have no at all been happy with and Bankers was able to put me on an income stream that helped me so much with my annuity and my med sup pays for everything. Never had a big. All I can say is that they took the best care of me and my parents. What else can I say? A++++

You are a joke and Bankers is a joke. Good try Banker's decoy, but not good enough!

But there might just be one or two or three good offices/branches in the Banker's network. Not everybody is bad.

Some people actually might want to make someone else's life better. And no, I do not work for them nor am I in any other way involved with them (trainee, paid spokesperson, etc.).

Is this their unpaid new hire blogging during his/her training week?

Good one Banker's agent!

View more comments (3)
Review

Bankers Life And Casualty Company in Indianapolis, Indiana - They did nothing wrong

This a solid, reputal comapny. Its interesting that the web site is for Pissed people. You make your decision, You be the judge. Dont let negitive people, influence your career. This is a 130yr old Company. Do you belive that a Company can be in business for that long Scamming peole? Check it out on the Web. "Bankers.Com" This is interesting site to visit....to bad im not Pissed Off. I do understand that Not everyone is 100% ever pleased or willing to look into a Companys background, but by visiting a site that is directed for pissed off customers...what do you think you are going to find?

Somebody PLEASE take these people at Bankes down and out for good!!!!!!!!!

To the person who wrote the original post stating Bankers did nothing wrong; I guess you've been living under a rock for the last 2 yrs; how many 130 yr old companies are now no longer in business because of bad decisions and scams? How many others have been bailed out by all of us because of bad decisions and scames? I don't know if Bankers is a scam or not, but to say they aren't simply because they have nice words on their website and have been in business a long time means NOTHING; so next time you do a google search, how about searching for a clue!

We all know that Bankers Agent (and all of it's "sister " companies) use the same scam and hire people like you to monitor web traffic and write e-mails like this to make that operation even MORE of a scam. Just because a company has a insurance license DOES NOT make them legitimate! Some people check their facts.

SHAME ON YOU, TORCHMARK, FOR PREYING ON UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE DESPRTATELY LOOKING FOR LEGITIMATE JOBS.

We all feel sorry for your computer because it works there. Tell us, did the COMPUTER have to pay up front to be trained? Make tons of calls to people that had been called before? Go door to door to sell??

WHAT A JOKE YOU ARE.

I have reported you to the Attorney General's office and guess what - they have many other complaints on you. Big surprise.

Watch out because Big Brother is watching.

I am so glad Ive read the reviews I got called in for an interview for sales and a management position and will not be going to this interview.The lady couldnt even tell me if the management portion was goin to be commission or salary based

19 out of 20 is 95%.... Fact.

Necromancer

Do you believe that a company or ANYBODY would do "business" the same way for 130 years?

And what do YOU expect to find on Bankers' own website? That's the same in principle as asking Al Capone if he ever paid anyone to murder somebody.

:( They scammed me!!!

:sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh got a call for an interview. glad I didnt pick up.

#120726

Bankers is seriously allowed to prey upon our elderly and the only thing you can call it is legalized criminals. Someday and I do believe soon, this company will be brought to justice, but will return under a new name.

They are just the evil of our world and it's sad that seniors are the victims. Watch your elderly family members from Bankers and all the scams that will prey upon them.

#120626

I am so glad I found this site....my daughter was called for an interview tomorrow...and I had to research to see what kind of company they really are and I can upon this site.... needless to say she will not be going on this interview...Thanks a million

#120590

The agent, if he is an agent shows what kind of as- holes Bankers hires I'm sure a lot of people want to follow this path. Banker's cruise, fabricated in his mind. Loser-***!!

#120587

Someday I hope the Lord sends you on the cruise to He-L. You scammed the elderly to make every dime in your pocket.

There are people like you out there that would scam their own mother for money, I'm sure you've done this too. Have a good time loser, because you'll pay, it's written in the Lord's policy.

#120531

You people are idiots.

Bankers Life is a legitimate insurer that exists in 49 states. Fact.

Every state governs their own insurance practices that occur in their state through the state Department of Insurance. Fact.

If Bankers is what many whiners claim it is, a scam; don't you think 1 out of 49 states would shut it down?

98% of people don't have the drive, personality, and attributes to make it one year in high commission sales. That's right...19 out of 20 will fail. Fact.

If one had Alzheimer's, a "guardianship" or Power of Attorney would come into play. fact.

I'm going on a Bankers cruise this month. Fact.

Hate me all the way to the bank...

#120103

Bankers is a scamming unethical business and by still being allowed to continue the fraudulent practices just shows how immoral our government is. As the last comment said, it's money from dirty deeds to seniors, but it's revenue.

Banker's Life should be operating out of a kennel, but dogs are higher class then Banker's people.

#119712

My family was so financially hurt by this company and it all started with one agent that turned into multiple agents that sold multiple policies to a man with alzheimers. By the time we children found out, thousands, thousands of dollars had been paid into Bankers Life with very little benefits and for the benefits that was paid was after a daily fight with the most hatefulest company in the United States.

I find it ironic that Bankers is trying to recruit so many new agents. The more agents the more elderly that can be preyed upon. Most of these seniors "clients" don't need to be making financial decisions and this is what Banker's is counting on. It's a pyramid scheme and sadly our elderly are the pawns that pay for this lavish company with expensive premiums that is automatically withdrawn from their bank accounts.

The unemployed are being tempted with jobs that they so badly need, but I thank the Lord every night that this site shows how so many people have morals and respect for our elderly that they blow this company off...GOD BLESS every one of them!

I don't know how this company has stayed in business for this long either. I do not understand why the Protectionn for the Elderly doesn't step in. I know for a fact that Bankers has been slapped with penalties and has been repremanded many times for their sales practice.

I know there is currently a class action law suit aganist Bankers and there has been other law suits in the past, again because of sales practices and fraud.

The government slaps Bankers on the hands and lets them stay in business, too much revenue. At least sites like this may save a few of our elderly from becoming Banker's victims.

God Bless our elderly and please keep them safe from predators like Banker's Life ***.

View more comments (14)
Review
Everyone gets mad. It's human nature. But make sure that your anger is directed at the right person. Bankers Life & Casualty is more than likely going to call you. There are technically no requirements to be called for a job interview. You are given the training...

I've been working for Bankers Life for a while now as a recruiter and I made $600.00 last week and only worked 4 hours from home. And no I didn't "prey" on anyone.

I simply call people who are out of work and looking for a job, who have submitted their resume online to come in for an interview.

It's a good job, a good company and legit. The people complaining are the people who have no idea what the company really is or does for the community and elderly.

Contact Bankers Life And Casualty Company Customer Service