I put my resume on the internet and I got a call to come in for an interview. So I went and then they called me back for a second and a theird interview.

They had me come back and fill out some thing's on the computer and told me they would have a man named Tod Peaterson give me a call to get everything going. They gave me the things I needed to study from so that I could take my state test. I never heard back from Tod so I called him. I never got a retured call.

I think this is a poor way of conducting business.

Comments

The longest jounrey starts with a single step .I think this is a huge Organization .In 1985, I had a Three Month Training Programme with them in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. They were really good and have got a huge Potential for corporate advancement for you Most importantly that you should be a batchelor, and no dependants to worry about .; i.e., a Family or the like since you are on Commission Basis rather than with a Monthly steady income and yet it is worth the try Be assured of one thing though .ONCE A SALESMAN .ALWAYS A SALESMAN .It doesn't matter whether or not you have the right experience..

You will get it with the passage of time, and it is hoped you will grasp the whole concept in a Six Month Period That's why you need to take it seriously as though it is your job forever .Be also assured that it REALLY PAYS OFF QUITE WELL when it comes to Commision on a Big Deal ..Try to start with Co. Inactive Accounts / Potentials for a start Maybe you get lucky where others have failed and you will learn what to say how to say it .You will learn from your mistakes .I very much encourage you going for it; provided you HAVE THE WILL TO LEARN THE AMBITION TO CLIMB UP THE LADDER towards the Professionals .I know for sure some of the Senior Ones used to earn more than a Couple of Million Dollars on Anual basis out of Commission .

They were covering a Number of States, and not only the City they were situated in .It involved Lots of Travel back in 1985, but with nowadays' Internet the like, I am sure distances has been minimized to almost Zero I wonder if Mr. Brian Lucas still works with them It is just a name ingraved into my head Go for it and best of luck .References :

I have an interview set up for next week-How should I proceed??

Hey yeah thank God for yje internet in the old days they would have scammed us all.I got called today and was going to waste a lot of gas and time.The only thing that so9unds good is the part of them giving stuff to help get state licences for selling insurance maybe it would be worth it just for that.I could bring that to another better company ,right? :x :? :? :? :x

Bankers Life is NOT a SCAM. They are a real company based out of Chicago.

The only thing I would warn indiviuals of is that you better be well aware of how 100% commission jobs work. If you work really hard you can make money. The thing is that you may work bery hard and really not make much money. Selling Insurance takes time to get ramped up and really start making money.

You need to make sure and have either a big savings account to get you thru the rough day, weeks, months before you really start making money and thats not even gurranted. Or your better have a wife, girlfriend, parents etc, that care carry you.

If you dont have either of these "back up" plans then you will soon realize that this is a very tough business .... in the begining.

Can anyone think of the last time they wrote a post about something positive?

Now what about the opposite? When is the last time you posted something negative?

People are far more willing to tell bad experiences than good ones!

Ponder that idea.

Also to rofl... It doesn't matter whether it is the internet or not...if someone misspells a word, it's not because of carelessness most of the time, just they are too *** to know it is incorrect. And, some times it may be laziness to look up the correct spelling. End of the line, it does matter...your IQ level doesn't look too high! Also could explain why you are looking for a job=laziness!

For the most part, every person prior to this that has cried about people misspelling things on the internet, misspelled things themselves. ITS THE INTERNET STOP TRYING YOU NERDS.

and for you religious fanatics, try living your life and not living your life for someone else you brainwashed inbreds.

shannon_83

I have an interview on wednesday. I will let you know how legit it is.

I have an interview on wednesday and so far everything has seems legit. i will let everyone know of the status :) :)

Not sure what to think... soppose to go for an interview tuesday...

thinking twice now that im reading all this ... not just on this site but plenty of other sites too.. just google it ...

and you see how many complaints and injustice this company has done... its crazy

Wow, this is scary. Bankers Life, I have heard of but am not familiar with their company.

Office Team is legitate. I used to work with temporary employees from Office Team and have used them to find temporary work.

WOW!! Evidently, there are quite a few land sharks in our midst.

Thats what these kinds of scams are hoping is that you get excited and feel so glad that they called you. I've come across quite a few these days. It's really ashame. They extracted my information from CareerBuilder.com.

However, knowing what going on in the world today, it doesn't surprise me. People have become very desperate to make buck. OHHHH, and whatch out for the UK extentions on the emails that offer you the same opportunities. ALL SCAMS..

wanting you to cash, transfer in your own account or someone has sent fraudulent money orders or cashier's checks in your name. DO NOT CASH THEM!!! The police will think that you are apart of the scam.

God has give us wisdom, lets us it for his honor and his glory. God Bless all of you and I wish you much success.

This is not a scam, I have been with the company for almost a year. Yes this is a 100% comm job but it is all what you make it.

This company has been a blessing to me, I am a single mother and had nothing before this opportunity. Alot of people want to do nothing at work and get paid, this isnt the place. So if you havent actually put the time in dont post negative untrue comments to this site.

You may just be blocking someone else blessing. :(

oh wow!! i just got a call this morning and i was super excited because i had made a few job applications last night and already someone was calling me for an interview. i was confused though, because i hadnt applied for that company. so i decided to check out their website and i come across this page! i dont understand how fradulent companies just are able to get access to such personal information.

:sigh

Would Bankers Life and Casualty be in Business for over a 130 years if they were a scam operation? I doubt it! The Insurance Commission and the FTC would have shut them down years ago!

There may have been a few individuals that conducted themselves in an unprofessional manner but that doesn't mean the whole organization stinks.

When you attend the interview you are not forced to do anything. You decide if you want to have a second interview. I know, I attended an interview myself.

They never promise that you will get rich quick. They are very honest in telling you that it takes hard work and it's not for everyone.

Remember, when you make a false accusation based on hearsay or assumtions against an individual or an entity such as a business that is libel!

If you are a self starting hard worker you can have a great career at Banker Life. If not Burger King wants you

wow! they are still at it... i am glad i looked it up. i called them back to give me a website address and the job description so that i could review and prep for the interview... they never called back!!! :) good thing i found this scam notice. thanks!

all the best to you all out there in this job pool search!

God bless!

Thanks for the info. I have a meeting with them next week, think I'll just pass on it.

I got a bad feeling anyway when they said "We'd like to interview you, come to our seminar."

Seminars are not the ideal settings for interviews and this lead me to believe this had the makings of a pyramid scam.

Sure enough I came across this post and thanks to you all, it's confirmed.

Best of luck to all of you in your job hunt. :)

Bankers no good

They just called me and left a message. Thanks y'all! You saved me gas money and frustration.KEEP THAT GOVERNMENT UNEMPLOYMENT MONEY COMING!!!

I got a call the other day from some guy from Bankers Life wanting me to come in for a interview. I thought it was strange since I never submitted my resume to them but he told me he got it from Monster.com.

The same day I got a call from a company called Office Team stating the same thing. I thought my luck was turning around; no job leads for a long time then all of a sudden 2 in one day. I then gooogled Office Team and the first thing that caught my eye was the word scam. I decided to research Bankers life and the same thing happened, SCAM.

So I went straight to the source, called Monster.com and demanded they unsubsribe me. If they are going to let fraudlent companies use them to post phoney job lstings, I dont want anything to do with them. So to all of you reading this, watch out for Bankers life and Office Team even though I'm sure there are plenty more of these snakes out there. If I hear from any of them I'll be sure to let ypu know.

Open your local or national newspaper and look in the job section. Thats the best way to go.